Lord Shri Narayana, one of the other names of Lord Vishnu, is pooja on the day of Yogini Ekadashi. The person who fast on this Ekadashi is liberated and even redemption from all sins, like cutting Peepal tree. Doing this fast results in eliminate any harmful effects of any curse. This Ekadashi destroy all diseases of the body and makes you beautiful and healthy with excellent qualities and greatness.
Yogini Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
This Ekadashi is purely satisfying. The procedure of this fast is as follows:
- The rules of the fast begin a day before. On the night of Dashmi, the devotee should not eat any meal made with wheat barley and moong dal.
- On Ekadashi, one should not eat salted food, and it must also be avoid in the night of Dashami.
- After taking a shower at early morning on Ekadashi, one should vow for the fast.
- After that urn installation (Kalash Sthapna) should be performing. The statue of Lord Vishnu should be placed on top of the urn and worshipped. At night, Jagrans should be performing.
- This fast start from the night of Dashmi and ends on the morning of Dwadashi after donation and charity.
Significance of Yogini Ekadashi Vrat
Yogini Ekadashi Vrat brings affluence and joy in life and is popular in all three dimensions. It is believed that by fasting for this Ekadashi, one gets good virtue equal to donation food to 88 thousand Brahmins.
Yogini Ekadashi Vrat Katha
In pristine times, a landscape gardener named Hem lived at the place of King Kuber in the city of Alkapuri. His job was to bring flowers daily from Mansarovar for worshipping Lord Shiva. One day, he got a bit late to bring flowers as he spends too much time with his wife. He arrived late at gathering. As a result, Kuber got annoyed and cursed him to be a leper. Getting affect from the curse, he wanders around and luckily one day, reached the hermitage (Ashram) of Markandeya Rishi. Using his powers, Rishi found out the reason for his situation and told him to do the Yogini Ekadashi Vrat. With the impact of the fast, Hem’s leprosy ended and he attained salvation.