Vijaya Ekadashi is considered pondering significant as per Hinduism. It is believed that anyone who fast while following proper rituals on this favorable date acquires all the achievement and affluence.
Vijaya Ekadashi Vrat & Pooja Rituals
- Keep 7 different kinds of grain within the vedi or boundary on Ekadashi.
- Place a vessel or vase made out in gold, silver, copper and clay within it.
- Take a resolution for fasting after bath in the morning.
- Establish the idol of Lord Vishnu on Panch Pallavas Vase or Kalash.
- Worship Shri Hari with incense sticks, sandalwood, Diyas, flowers, fruits, and Tulsi.
- Along with fasting, narrate the story.
- Conduct a jagratas in the name of Shri Hari and worship him.
- On the twelfth day, feed the Brahmins and donate the vessel or vase.
- Open your fast after that.
Eat simple and pure vegetarian food before fasting and follow celibacy. Following the rituals will help the devotee to smite all obstacles in life.
Importance of Vijaya Ekadashi
Fasting on Vijaya Ekadashi is considered a pristine ritual. According to Padma Purana itself Mahadeva preached the Narad and said, Fasting on Vijaya Ekadashi is of a great virtue.’ It is said that any devotee who carries out this fast helps its forefathers to getaway the traps of inferno and move to heaven. Also, that person finds achievement in every work and gets rid of his/her past sins in the life before.
Legend of Vijaya Ekadashi
It is said that in the Treta Yuga when Lord Ram came to the coast to travel to Lanka, the arrogant man solicited the Sea Lord to provide him and his army with a route, but Sea Lord refused to do so. Hence, with the permission of Sage Vakdalabhya, Lord Ram fasted on the day of Vijaya Ekadashi, and pleased Sea Lord. Hence this fast proved one of the factors in attaining victory over evil Lord Ravan. From that day, this date is known as Vijaya Ekadashi.