Ekadashi in Shukla Paksha during Pausha month is called Pausha Putrada Ekadashi. Lord Vishnu is worshipped on this day. It is assumed that if a being fasts on this day, she/he is blessed with a children and so the name Pausha Putrada Ekadashi. This Ekadashi is very popular among female society. The cause of this Ekadashi fast also guards one’s child from all wrongdoings and evil.
Pausha Putrada Ekadashi Vrat Puja Vidhi
One should worship Lord Vishnu faithfully on the day of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi. Pooja rituals for the fast are as follows:
- One should have Sattvic food only one time on the day of Dashmi, and follow the rules of the vow and Brahmacharya strictly.
- Take fasts for the fast after bathing in the early morning. Offer Ganga water, Tulsidal (multiple Tulsi leaves tied together), mole, flowers and Panchamrit, and worship Lord Narayan.
- One should don’t drink water while fasting for this Ekadashi (Nirjala Vrat). If they want, they can have fruits after lighting lamps (Deep Daan) in the evening.
- Next day on Dwadashi, feed and donate things to the needy and Brahmans. Then, open your fast.
How to fulfill your wish for an Offspring?
- At early morning, both husband and wife should adoration Lord Krishna together.
- Chant Santan Gopal mantra.
- After chanting the mantra, both should have the Prasad.
- Charity and feed the poor as per your heart’s desire.
Story of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi
Once upon a time, Raja Suketu ruled Bhadravathi city. His wife’s name was Shaivya. They had no progeny and were unhappy. One day, they handed over their kingdom to their minister (Mantri) and went to the forest. They thought to commit suicide. But then the raja realized that there is no bigger sin than suicide. Then, they heard the voices reciting Vedas and moved in that way. When they reach there, they met hermits (Rishi), who told them the importance of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi. After that, both of them perform the fast of this Ekadashi, as a result of which they were blessed with a child. Since then, the value of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi kept on growing. So, those couples who are childless must perform the fast of Pausha Putrada Ekadashi faithfully to get the blessings of the God in the form of a child.