Purnima in the month of Jyeshtha is of great significance in the Hindu faith. From a spiritual perspective, bath and donating is considered highly favorable on the full moon day. Bathing in the holy river Ganga not only helps to complete all your wishes, but it is believed that by doing this all, the sins of the person are destroyed. Along with this, giving contributions on this day also profit the forefathers and they attain salvation. That is why women are mainly advised to observe fast on this day. On his Jyeshtha Purnima Vrat day, especially Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu should be pray.
Jyeshtha Purnima Puja Vrat Vidhi
Bathing, meditation and performing virtuous deeds on this Purnima is of great importance. At the same time, this day is significant for both boys/girls who are facing delay problems in their wedding. If such people wear white clothes and worship Lord Shiva on this day, all the problems that come in their way will destroy. According to astrologers, people can take advantage of this favorable day with some special remedies.
Let’s read about Jyeshtha Purnima Vrat Pooja Vidhi:
- On this auspicious day, Goddess Lakshmi resides with Lord Vishnu on the Peepal tree. Therefore, if a person fills the pot with water, batasha and raw milk and offers it to the Peepal tree, then the native attains increased cash flow and gains financial benefits in the business.
- On this day, the couple should offer Arghya to Chandra Dev or Lord Moon. This removes every problem coming in their life. This can be done either by the husband or wife.
- If someone puts a one spoonful of milk in a well, then his luck shines. Also, any obstacle in an urgent work immediately too gets eliminated.
- On the day of Jyeshtha Purnima, offer 11 cowries and apply turmeric Tilak on the picture of Goddess Lakshmi. After this, wrap them in a red cloth the next morning and keep it in your safe. Doing this improves your financial situation.
- If there is any planet dosha present in the birth chart of a person, it would be best to recite Vishnu Sahastranama or Shivashtakam by sitting under the Peepal and Neem tree.
Significance of Jyeshtha Purnima
Jyeshtha Purnima is of great importance in Hindu faith. From this day onwards, devotees leave for Amarnath Yatra with Gangajal. As per Hindu Panchang, Jyeshtha is the 3rd month of Hindu year. At this time, the Earth become highly hot, and several ponds and rivers become dry or their water level decrease. For this reason, the significance of water in this month increases tenfold as compared to other months. Festivals like Nirjala Ekadashi, Ganga Dussehra, etc in the month of Jyeshtha, convey how significant water is for life on Earth and should be utilized cautiously and properly.